Are your Recruiters Ready to Interview and Position People With Disabilities?
Over the last several months, I have noticed an alarming trend in my presentations to recruiters, hiring managers and government contractors. When asked, most have no knowledge or understanding of “disability anything.”
To be successful and show good faith efforts corporations, government contractors, recruiters and hiring managers need to know:
- Disability étiquette
- The most common assistive technologies used
- Truth vs. myths surrounding people with disabilities
- Do’s and Don’ts when interviewing and hiring
- How to position someone with an obvious disability
- How to properly conduct and interview
- Understanding the accommodation process
The solution to these deficiencies is training, training, training! Knowledge is power.
Training for Recruiters and Hiring Managers
- On-Site Training – Our full day live training is the fastest, most effective way to bring your managers and recruiters up to speed. It includes video, role playing, participants workbooks and exercises and interactive participation.
- Webinars – Each month we offer a free 30 minute webinar designed to advance your knowledge in disability hiring. We also offer paid HRCI Certified live webinars that qualify and continuing education units.
- eLearnings – Our eLearnings allow students to learn at their own pace. They can be installed on your Learning Management System (LMS) so you can monitor student progress and completion rates. We can also customize them with your companies messaging and branding.