Preparing your recruiting team to easily navigate and gain a comfort level meeting and interviewing applicants with a variety of disabilities. Creating a comfortable environment for all.
Format and Timing:
1.5 Hour Session conducted via webinar. This introductory module is appropriate for all members of your recruiting and talent acquisition teams. The module is interactive and provides a solid foundation for successfully recruiting people with disabilities.
- Brief overview of OFCCP and Disability
- Learn about your own fears and attitudes
- Learn how to conduct an interview with someone who is blind, deaf or in a wheelchair
- What you need to know about hidden disabilities
- Learn what you can and cannot say or do – legal vs illegal questions
- Learn about disclosure and requests for accommodations
- Learn how to be at ease and professional
- Learn how to present the qualified candidate in an unbiased way
- Identify and hire the best qualified individuals
- Help put hiring managers at ease by focusing on abilities
- Build a sustainable inclusive culture for all
- Develop a competitive hiring and recruiting process
- Decrease employment liability exposure